Mid-Michigan's Bigger Dealer With Better Deals
Title: Fallout 4
Bethesda Game Studios
Release Date: 9 Nov, 2015
Fallout 4 in a nutshell:
RETURN. I originally avoided this game because I did not want to participate in the housing. After holding out, I bought it on a sale and finally played it. It's such a great game. I can't believe I didn't play it earlier.
What I like most:
- you get power armor from the very beginning. I have very limited time to game and so I never made it far in other Fallout games. In this one, you get to enjoy a more advanced aspect of the game from the beginning. It also feels very appropriate in this setting whereas New Vegas felt more like a western
- the graphics and atmosphere are top notch
- the story-telling is great. Bethesda's always good at this
- there are so many ways to master the wasteland. So many different build approaches.
- housing is really kind of optional. To be honest, you could skip that entire aspect.
What I did not like:
- VATS with a mouse\/keyboard is significantly harder to use than a controller. When using M\/K, I did not find an easy way to select body parts. I had to click on them. Clicking on small body parts was super-difficult as the enemies are still moving, just slower. I'm not sure if I just missed the how-to, or if this is intended. I now play on Steam Link using a controller and using VATS is a breeze. You just use the joysticks to jump from body part to body part. Considering there are a lot of perks in VATS, the mouse\/keyboard interface really limited my enjoyment of the game. After switching to controller, it's fantastic.
- The occasional odd bug, but in a game of this size, how can there not be some weird pathing or graphic overlap bugs.. Better than 76, worse than NV.. One way i rate the role-play elements of games is whether there is possibility for regret in the game's decisions. One of the only regrettable decisions in Fallout 4 is picking which faction you go with, and even that has very little practical consequence. It's mostly philosophical regret of the consequences, i.e. they are not shown in the game.
But the guns are nice. Weapon and armor modifications are certainly an upgrade from Fallout 3. The scrapping\/materials system feels like i'm actually scavenging for resources. There could be less settlements, i feel like they ruined that mechanic that by adding so many. They also butchered the conversation system.
Regarding atmosphere; the world can even feel dangerous if you play on very hard, which i would suggest for anybody on their first playthrough. It doesn't feel like a nuclear fallout, though.
Claiming this to be ambitious or "next generation" is a bit too much. They even managed to ruin one of the marketing points (settlements). Bethesda is generally quite lazy with their games, and Fallout 4 specifically seems to lack direction.
In the end, in my opinion, Fallout 4 is a shoddy mix of lazy mechanics with an inconsequential story. It's fun if you just want to shoot at some bad dudes, which is something i enjoy from time to time.
6\/10. Met a cute girl in the land . My VATS said i'd had a 0% chance to hit that.
10\/10, such realism. 10\/10 with mods
Trapped Dead mod download
RPG Maker MV - Sci-Fi Battler Pack download for windows 10
Fantasy Grounds - Fiery Dragon Modern amp; Sci-Fi Token and Portrai...
Sakura Clicker - Chocolate Outfit Torrent Download [key serial number]
Ruination Activation Code [PC]
Mega Maze .zip Free Download
Detention Torrent Download [Xforce]
Ride 2 Exotic Bikes Pack download 5kapks
Zombie Waiting [cheat]
Something is wrong Torrent Download [crack]